Innovation for RIICs, Industry, and Startups (IRIS)
The IRIS Project aims to foster inclusive and sustainable industrial development in the Philippines, through programs that will build and strengthen the innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem in the regions, facilitate the adoption of Industry 4.0 technologies among firms, and support the growth and development of the country’s startups and ecosystem for startups.
Specifically, it aims to:
- Strengthen existing and expand the Regional Inclusive Innovation Centers (RIICs);
- Assist manufacturing firms in the country’s priority industries to embrace Industry 4.0, thereby enabling them to create new products, innovate their processes, and transform business models; and
- Develop the Philippine startup ecosystem by supporting startup to survive its early stage, scale up and globalize.
The expected outcomes of the project are as follows:
- More vibrant and more connected regional innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystems;
- Local firms are able to assess their readiness for digital transformation, design and implement a transformation plan; and
- Startups are able to successfully grow, scale-up, and become sustainable commercial ventures.